George Wang is a senior partner at Dentons with diverse experience in the maritime and logistics areas, and focuses on counseling and representing both Chinese and overseas companies before courts and arbitral institutions. He also contributes to a variety of international trade matters, including international transport by sea, air and combined transport, logistics, warehousing, international trade, trade finance, supply chain finance and marine insurance.
George has extensive experience in providing consultation to companies which are involved in the transactions of bulk commodities, such as minerals, iron and steel, aluminum oxide, cathode copper, coal, oil, fertilizer, grain, soybean meal and cocoa beans. Leveraging his dual backgrounds in international transportation and the law, George delivers innovative solutions to assist clients to minimize risks and achieve their strategic objectives, as well as deliver better business results.
- Zhejiang Huzhou Huitai Cloth Manufacture Co. v. Dalian Huaxun
- Sinotrans Foreign Trade Company v. Beijing Anjielian and Beijing Xiaosong Real Estate Company
Activities and Affiliations
- Arbitrator, China Maritime Arbitration Commission
- Arbitrator, Shijiazhuang Maritime Arbitration Commission
- Member, All China Lawyer’s Association
- Member, China Maritime Law Association
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Partner, Dentons
- In-house Counsel, China National Foreign Trade Transportation Corporation (now SINOTRANS & CSC), 1987–1996
- National Department of Transportation, 1985–1987